Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Miles Kane is Back!

Hello!

I can already hear quite a few people thinking "He has been back since late 2015!" Yeah...erm...that was The Last Shadow Puppets guys. I'm saying he is back regarding his solo career, with his last album, Don't Forget Who You Are being released in 2013. Well, recently. he unveiled a new song, Loaded, which was Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac's Hottest Record on Monday (16th April).

I have to admit something: I had only really been a fan of Kane within The Last Shadow Puppets and before that, I had only heard of one song, which was Don't Forget Who You Are (thanks New Look!).  However, seeing as I like The Last Shadow Puppets, I thought I would listen to Annie Mac's show to hear Loaded and see what I think...and I thought it was quite good.




During his interview with Annie Mac, he gave an insight in the making of the single and his upcoming album Coup de Grace (named after a wrestling move), revealing that he had recorded with Jamie T and Lana Del Rey.  In fact from what I have heard from Jamie T, it is clear that he has had some influence when listening to Loaded and do I detect a bit of Last Shadow Puppets sound as well? Yep...I do.

Of course, the inevitable question came: is Alex Turner involved with Miles' new album? Well, surprisingly, Turner is not present on the album but he has been busy with something else... However, this will allow Miles to show that he is not just Alex Turner's best friend; he is a musician in his own right.

Overall, judging by Loaded, we can expect good things from Coup de Grace, and with Kane being announced to play various festivals and announcing a limited number of free 7" vinyl copies of the Coup de Grace single being available in various record stores across the UK, to celebrate Record Store Day, anticipation for the new album has already begun!

All I can say is bring on the new album!

Em x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Radio 1's Big Weekend 2022

Hello! so, big news everyone...I went to my first proper big festival and what better festival to go to than one which is hosted by Radio 1:...