Pages

Sunday 12 February 2017

So...BRITS...who is going to win?


Hello everyone!

So, firstly, apologies for being away for a couple of weeks but I'm back! During my time away, there has been some big news regarding the BRIT awards ...yep the nominations have been revealed. So...who do I think is going to win? (Note: I have not included Best British Video as the actual shortlist will be announced on the day of the BRITs.)

Best British male:
  • Craig David
  • David Bowie
  • Kano
  • Michael Kiwanuka
  • Skepta
Who Should Win? I reckon out of all these Craig David has a good chance that he'll win Best British Male, considering the successful comeback that he had. However, amongst the nominees is David Bowie and Mercury Music Prize winner, Skepta...

Best British Female
  • Ellie Goulding
  • Emeli Sande
  • Lianne La Havas
  • Nao
  • Anohni
Who should win? I saw Lianne La Havas last year when she supported Coldplay and she was really good so it would be nice to see her win this award. However, previous winners Ellie Goulding and Emeli Sande are also in the mix so Lianne has stiff competition...

Best British Group
  • Radiohead
  • Little Mix
  • Bastille
  • Biffy Clyro
  • The 1975
Who Should win? As a fan of Bastille, I hope they win yet for some reason I think one of the other groups might pip them to the post...maybe Radiohead? 

Best British Breakthrough
  • Anne-Marie
  • Skepta
  • Rag 'N' Bone Man
  • Blossoms
  • Stormzy
Who should win? As a fan of Blossoms, I hope they win. However, unlike the other categories, the winner is decided by a public vote so any of the nominees could win...

Best International Male
  • Drake
  • The Weeknd 
  • Leonard Cohen
  • Bruno Mars
  • Bon Iver
Who should win? This is a difficult one as I believe there is more than one winner in here. However, if I had to pick one, I would pick Drake. 

Best International Female 
  • Sia 
  • BeyoncĂ© 
  • Solange
  • Rihanna
  • Christine and the Queens
Who should win? Again, a diificult one as I believe there is more than one winner. However, Beyoncé is in there...

Best International Group 
  • Twenty One Pilots
  • Drake and Future
  • Kings of Leon
  • Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • A Tribe Called Quest
Who Should Win? I think Kings of Leon are worthy winners as they have had a big successful comeback in the past year. However, Twenty One Pilots have had a suceesful 2016 as well so either of these acts could win...

Best British Album

Blackstar-David Bowie
I Like It When You Sleep for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It-The 1975
Made in the Manor- Kano
Konichiwa- Skepta
Love & Hate- Michael Kiwanuka

Who should win? Considering how popula Skepta has been, with Konichiwa winning the 2016 Mercury Music Prize, I would not be surprised if it wins Best Briitish Album. However...it is up against fellow Mercury Music Prize nominees, Bowie's Blackstar and I Like it When You Sleep... from The 1975

So...with predictions now made...will they be correct? Find out by tuning into The Brit Awards on Wednesday February 22nd on ITV1 at 7:30pm.
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Radio 1's Big Weekend 2022

Hello! so, big news everyone...I went to my first proper big festival and what better festival to go to than one which is hosted by Radio 1:...